Manistee Middle High School will be a site for a free community COVID-19 testing clinic. In collaboration with the National Guard, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, Local Law Enforcement & Emergency Management, and Manistee Area Public Schools, District Health Department #10 will offer this free clinic in the Manistee High School parking lot at 525 Twelfth Street.
The testing will be held exclusively in the football stadium parking lot, away from all student activities, the Payne Aquatic Center, and food distribution activities. Those conducting testing, and those being tested, will not have access to the school buildings. Those being tested will drive up and will not leave their vehicles. Although we believe the testing procedure to be safe, as an additional precaution, all coaches have been informed about the testing times and location and have been asked to communicate with any students that could potentially be coming to the school during those times, so they are aware where to park and where to meet to avoid the testing site.
For those interested in being tested you are welcome to come to the MHS football stadium parking lot Thursday, June 25th from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm or Friday, June 26th from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Anyone age 18 or older is welcome to be tested for COVID-19
- Please bring picture ID
- Not accepting appointments; first come, first served
- Open to everyone, not limited to symptomatic individuals
- Testing is to determine current COVID-19 status, not offering antibody testing
- Testing is nasopharyngeal swab (long cotton-tipped swab inserted into nose)
- Test results will take 7-9 days. You will receive instructions for logging into a portal to obtain results.
- You will only be contacted by DHD #10 if your results are positive for COVID-19.
- Questions should be directed to 231-305-8659, or email@example.com
MAPS is working in conjunction with DHD #10 in order to provide this health service for our community and will continue to work with public officials as we prepare for the coming school year to provide a safe and productive return to learning. You have our commitment to keep you informed with additional updates and opportunities as they become available.