MANISTEE AREA PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT NOTICE
Manistee Area Public Schools requests proposals for the implementation of energy management equipment, modernization, maintenance and training services for the buildings in the District, on a performance contracting basis. All proposals shall be funded through annual energy and operational savings.
Requirements for all bidders:
- Each vendor submitting a proposal must have implemented a minimum of (5) guaranteed savings / energy conservation programs with school districts here in Michigan. Must also be able to document completion of the project, actual savings, and guarantee resolution. No Exceptions.
- A bank money order or bid bond must accompany all bids by a recognized surety company for not less than five percent (5%) of the amount of the bid submitted and made payable to the Owner as required by MCL 380.1267.
- Each bid must be accompanied by a sworn and notarized statement disclosing any familial relationship that exists between any employee of the bidder and / or any member of the Board of Education or Superintendent of the Manistee Area Public School District.
Requirements for all proposals shall include the following:
- A detailed analysis of each building which shall include the installation of energy saving equipment. The specific nature of this equipment shall be left up to the vendor.
- A written guarantee of energy and operational savings for a term of at least (5) years must be included. A detailed energy audit for each building must be included each year using base year information to illustrate guaranteed energy savings. However, the school district may elect to have the guarantee term be less than (5) years.
- Performance contractor shall provide project management responsibility and a detailed project completion schedule.
- A MANDATORY BIDDER’S CONFERENCE AND BUILDING SURVEY will be held on October 18, 2021 at 10:00 AM. local time at Manistee Area Public Schools Administrative offices at 550 Maple Street, Manistee MI 49660. No exceptions will be permitted. The RFP document and all necessary materials will be handed out in this meeting only.
- Final proposals must be received no later than November 5, 2021 by 2:00 PM local time at the
District Administrative Office
550 Maple Street
Manistee MI 49660
- Manistee Area Public Schools will not consider or accept a bid received after the above bid time. All bids received on time will be opened and read aloud.
- The school district reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals in any or all parts and waive informalities or irregularities in proposals received and to accept a proposal in the school district’s judgment that is in Manistee Area Public School’s best interest.