Jefferson Elementary School
Grades: Childcare - Grade 2 | Manistee Area Public Schools
Welcome to Childcare at Jefferson
Childcare, Pre-K & GSRP
Nurturing our youngest learners as they begin their school experience, we make the classroom experience fun and rewarding. Our practical tools help your student begin on the right foot.
Jefferson Elementary School will be home to MAPS Childcare, Preschool, GSRP, and Kindergarten to Grade 2 for the 2022/23 & 2023/24 school years while the consolidated elementary school building is under construction. When the project is completed, and the students are relocated to the new building for the 2024/25 school year, plans for the removal of the Jefferson building will commence.
Morning Care at Jefferson Elementary
We have created a safe and affordable option for morning care at Jefferson Elementary.
- Morning care is available for students age 11 and younger at the Jefferson Elementary building beginning at 7:00 am.
- $3.00 per student Tues-Fri, $6.00 for extended Late Start Monday care, notification of schedule needed 2 weeks in advance.
- Request an enrollment packet for MAPS Morning Care by filling out this form: MAPS Morning Care or call 723-9285.
- If a student is dropped off at Jefferson without enrolling for MAPS Morning Care the daily cost will be $6.00.
Your Childcare and Preschool Team
View Childcare, Preschool & GSRP Staff
Childcare, Preschool & GSRP Staff - 231-398-3758
Sandy Ludwig - Pre-School Teacher & After School Program - firstname.lastname@example.org
Amber Hiipakka - Pre-School Teacher Assistant email@example.com
Julie Zajac - Daycare Lead firstname.lastname@example.org
Brittan Manke - Daycare email@example.com
MAPS Great Start Readiness Program Staff - 231-398-3757
Amy Brown, Lead Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Renee Turmel, Lead Teacher email@example.com
Ashley Johnson Classroom Helper firstname.lastname@example.org
Brenda Struble, GSRP Teacher Assistant email@example.com
Nancy Zatarga, GSRP firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: 515 Bryant Avenue Manistee, MI 49660 | Map
School Office Hours: M-Th: 7:30am – 4pm, Friday 7:30am – 3pm
Principal: Julia Raddatz – email@example.com
Administrative Assistant: Kasandra Johnson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Registering for Pre-School or Kindergarten Begins Here!
Will your child be (three) 3 years old or (four) 4 years old on September 1, 2023?
If yes, click the button below to share your information to start the registration process for Pre-School.
Will your child be (five) 5 years old on or before Sept 1, 2023?
If yes, click the button below to share your information to start the registration process for Kindergarten.
Your Child’s Journey Begins Here!
Commitment to our MAPS family….
- Responsible citizens who are ethical, productive members of a global society; take responsibility for their own actions and physical well-being; are environmentally conscious; and contribute their time; energies, and talents for the improvement of their community and the quality of life for all.
- Effective communicators who posses skills in written, visual, and spoken skills.
- Self-confident individuals who demonstrate a positive self-image and are caring, sensitive and flexible human beings. Life long learners understand that learning is a process, not an event.
Located at Jefferson Elementary School, MAPS Preschool has been a vital part of Manistee Area Public Schools early learners for over 15 years. Our program has been rated a 4 Star program from the Great Start to Quality rating system.
At MAPS, Chippewa families are afforded the resources necessary to determine the best starting point for their young learners. MAPS offers a variety of programs tailored to the student and family needs.
If you have any further questions please call 398-3758 or email email@example.com.
MAPS After School Care Program
MAPS After School Care Program is available at Jefferson Elementary School for MAPS students ages 5 to 12. Transportation to Jefferson from other MAPS district buildings is available. Summer care is also available. For more information please contact: Sandy Ludwig – Pre-School Teacher & After School Program – firstname.lastname@example.org
Face-to-Face Home School
MAPS offers Home to School Classes each Wednesday. Courses are designed to encourage all area children, including MAPS students, to engage in the public school setting once a week for socialization, learning, and strong parent participation. Art, lifetime activities (gym, aerobics, swim, and introduction to Taekwondo), drama, and choir courses are offered between 9:00am and 2:15pm each Wednesday.