Great Start Readiness Program at MAPS
Great Start Readiness Program Resource page is your home for everything needed to support your success as a Madison Chippewa. Don’t see what you are looking for? Just reach out; we are happy to help!
Child Information Record
Photo Consent Form
Free & Reduced Lunch Application
Student Support Services
Manistee Area Public Schools offers the following programs to support children for academic success:
- Literacy Groups are instructed by a trained para-professional for letter and sound recognition, phonemic awareness, blending, segmenting, etc. The para-professional works with 3 students for 30 minutes each day. (Title I)
- Title I Aide Assistance is available for Kindergarten. Para-Professionals work with students on specific skills identified by the classroom teacher and assessment data. Daily assistance is provided.
- Parent Volunteers are utilized in several classrooms. Teachers have trained volunteers on reading strategies and have weekly schedules for parents to assist in the classroom.
- Read Naturally is a computered based Reading Program used to increase student reading skills (predicting, comprehension, fluency, and vocabulary).
- Safenet is available part time in each of the elementary schools. The Safenet worker is instrumental in helping our students to deal with external issues (bullying, divorce, death, emotions, etc. They work with them on a weekly basis or in crisis situations. An important component of this program is the family involvement.