Welcome to Madison Early Childhood Center!
From the moment your student is enrolled in Manistee Area Public Schools they become a member of our Chippewa family. Beginning with our youngest learners, each and every student is given the opportunity to identify their interests and chart a Chippewa Journey that will guide them through an individualized MAPS PreK-12 experience.
Manistee Area Public Schools has worked hard over the past 6 months developing this powerful communication tool so our MAPS family can find resources, stay up to date on activities, and easily access information daily happenings in our district. Through this process,...read more
Thank you for visiting our page! This announcements section will be used to keep you informed about all of the things you will need to know such as: news, upcoming events, notable happenings, schedule updates, etc. Be sure to check back regularly to stay informed and...read more
Your Madison Team
Your Chippewa Journey Begins at Madison Early Childhood Center
Located at Madison School, Madison Early Childhood Center has been a vital part of Manistee Area Public Schools early learners for over 14 years. Our program has been rated a 4 Star program from the Great Start to Quality rating system.
At Madison Early Learning Center, Chippewa families are afforded the resources necessary to determine the best starting point for their young learners. MAPS offers a variety of programs tailored to the student and family needs.
If you have any further questions please call 398-3758 or email email@example.com.
Commitment to our MAPS family….
- Responsible citizens who are ethical, productive members of a global society; take responsibility for their own actions and physical well-being; are environmentally conscious; and contribute their time; energies, and talents for the improvement of their community and the quality of life for all.
- Effective communicators who posses skills in written, visual, and spoken skills.
- Self-confident individuals who demonstrate a positive self-image and are caring, sensitive and flexible human beings. Life long learners understand that learning is a process, not an event.
As Manistee Chippewas, we are all leaders in our own way. Chips Lead at school, with friends, and in the community by developing healthy relationships, using responsible decision-making and respectful communication.
T | TRUSTWORTHY — Chips always tell the truth
R | RESPECTFUL — Chips listen and are polite
A | ACCEPTING — Chips are friends to all
C | COOPERATIVE — Chips work as a team
K | KIND — Chips are thoughtful and caring
“TRACK” is the Manistee Area Public Schools global, district-wide, leaders platform that all educators, staff and students follow throughout their Chippewa Journey. This initiative is connected to course curriculum, extra curricular programs, disciplinary procedures, and internal culture.
- Exemplary, 4-ster licensing rating
- High-quality, affordable, and flexible drop-in daycare with transportation
- Specialized staff
- Art, music, and physical education programming
- Social & behavioral development programming
- Nutritionally rated food services
- ATP Parent Group
- Homeschool family resources
- Online Learning Community: Michigan Great Lakes Virtual Academy
Action Team for Partnership (ATP)
What is ATP?: ATP is our parent-teacher group for all of the MAPS Elementary buildings – Madison, Jefferson, and Kennedy.
The Manistee Area Public Schools parent group Action Team for Partnership (ATP) is a group of dedicated parents that spearhead projects to benefit our students. It is similar to a Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) only a little more prescriptive and based on committees, including:
- Learning at Home
- Decision Making
- Community Collaboration
What does the ATP do?: We fundraise to help support our schools and students. We pay for field trips, school supplies, recess/playground equipment, books, staff appreciation activities, and more! We also organize many family events: Fall Carnival, Daddy-Daughter and Mother-Son nights, Holiday Caroling, Birthday Lunches, Book Fairs, and Santa Shop are some examples.
Parents who become involved in their child’s education can make a positive difference. Contact or Kenn Kott firstname.lastname@example.org, or Kevin Schmutzler email@example.com for more information or to join our ATP family.