MAPS Nutrition Services
Food Service Program
With support from the United States Department of Agriculture and Michigan Department of Education, Manistee Area Public Schools is grateful to be able to extend free meals for all children 18 and younger, and students with disabilities up to 26 years of age, in our Manistee community through the end of the 2020-2021 school year in June 2021. Once funding is no longer available, our Food Service Department will return to the National School Lunch Program parameters for public school food service.
Throughout the 2020/21 school year, MAPS will be serving all in-person learners free breakfast and lunch every school day at each building in the district. We will also be offering free Grab & Go meals Mondays and Thursdays at Manistee Middle High School at MMHS at 525 Twelfth Street from 9 am to 10 am. This food service program is available to all MAPS online learners in addition to any Manistee community families with children 18 & younger and students with disabilities up to 26 years of age.
Grab & Go Food Service program details:
- Grab & Go meal service will offer breakfast and lunch meals distributed Mondays and Thursdays from 9 am to 10 am each week.
- Curbside pick-up will be available at the MMHS main entrance drive at the student drop off area.
- Meals provided on Monday will be breakfast & lunch for 3 days.
- Meals provided on Thursday will be breakfast & lunch for 4 days to provide meals through the weekends.
- Families of in-person learners are also able to pick up 2 breakfast and 2 lunch meals for their students on Thursdays to provide food through the weekend, following the same pick up instructions above.
- If a holiday, snow day or school day scheduled to be off occurs on a Monday, the meal pick up will be Tuesday.
- If a holiday or school day scheduled to be off occurs on a Thursday, the meal pick up will be Wednesday. (Example Thanksgiving)
- If a snow day, or other closure, occurs on Thursday meal pick up will be Friday.
We are grateful for the ability to continue providing this important service for the children of our community through the funding support of Federal and State agencies.
Free & Reduced Lunch Resources
Free and Reduced Breakfast / Lunch Information: Free and Reduced Lunch Packet for 2020-21
Apply for Free or Reduced Lunch: LunchApp
Board Nutrition Policies
Pandemic EBT Information for Virtual Students
Please read the information below to verify if your virtual (on-line student) may be eligible for reconsideration of Pandemic EBT Benefits for the months listed at the bottom of the communications.
To file for reconsideration, families must complete the form below and request a proof document from the student’s school that the student was a virtual learner for the months requested. Families are required to mail or email this documentation to MDHHS by June 30, 2021.
If your student qualifies for reconsideration, please call or email Sue Gustad at MAPS Board Office regarding your proof document.
For more information, please visit Michigan.gov/PEBT or call 1-833-905-0028.
Food Services Announcements
Your Nutrition Services Team
Nutrition Services Team
Keri Carlson – Food Service Director – email@example.com
Stacy Applegarth – Food Service – firstname.lastname@example.org
Courtney Gibbs – Meals on Wheels – email@example.com
Melissa Gutowski – Food Service – firstname.lastname@example.org
Kendra Mikolajczak – Food Service – email@example.com
Terri Morski – Meals on Wheels – firstname.lastname@example.org
Richard Koon – Satellite Nutrition Delivery Driver – email@example.com
Tiffany Remkes – Food Service – firstname.lastname@example.org
Linda Wandrych – Food Service – email@example.com