MAPS Nutrition Services
Food Service Program
With support from the United States Department of Agriculture and Michigan Department of Education, Manistee Area Public Schools is grateful to be able to extend free meals for all children 18 and younger in our Manistee community through the end of the 2020-2021 school year in June 2021. Once funding is no longer available, our Food Service Department will return to the National School Lunch Program parameters for public school food service.
Beginning Tuesday, September 8 MAPS will be serving all in-person learners free breakfast and lunch every school day at each building in the district. We will also be offering free Grab & Go meals Mondays and Thursdays at Manistee Middle High School at MMHS at 525 Twelfth Street from 9 am to 10 am. This food service program is available to all MAPS online learners in addition to any Manistee community families with children 18 & younger and students with disabilities up to 26 years of age.
Grab & Go Food Service program details:
- Grab & Go meal service will begin on the first day of school, Tuesday, September 8. Breakfast and lunch meals for 4 days will be served that day.
- Beginning September 14, meals can be picked up Mondays and Thursdays.
- Curbside pick-up will be available at the MMHS main entrance drive at the student drop off area.
- Meals provided on Monday will be breakfast & lunch for 3 days.
- Meals provided on Thursday will be breakfast & lunch for 4 days to provide meals through the weekends.
- Families of in-person learners are also able to pick up 2 breakfast and 2 lunch meals for their students on Thursdays to provide food through the weekend, following the same pick up instructions above.
- If a holiday, snow day or school day scheduled to be off occurs on a Monday, the meal pick up will be Tuesday.
- If a holiday or school day scheduled to be off occurs on a Thursday, the meal pick up will be Wednesday. (Example Thanksgiving)
- If a snow day, or other closure, occurs on Thursday meal pick up will be Friday.
We are grateful for the ability to continue providing this important service for the children of our community through the funding support of Federal and State agencies.
Free & Reduced Lunch Resources
Free and Reduced Breakfast / Lunch Information: Free and Reduced Lunch Packet for 2019-20
Apply for Free or Reduced Lunch: LunchApp
Food Services Announcements
Your Nutrition Services Team
Nutrition Services Team
Keri Carlson – Food Service Director – email@example.com
Kendra Mikolajczak – Food Service – firstname.lastname@example.org
Terri Morski – Food Service – email@example.com
Laura Olk – Food Service – firstname.lastname@example.org
Linda Wandrych – Food Service – email@example.com