MAPS Nutrition Services
MMHS Breakfast Menus
MMHS Lunch Menus
Food Service Program
2021/22 School Year
MAPS will following the USDA National School Lunch Seamless Summer Option, which allows us to offer all students free breakfast and lunch for the entire school year..
Our Grab & Go program has been changed under the USDA Seamless Summer Option, as of the first day of school (Aug. 31st) This means:
- All students attending school, within our buildings, who are offered meals at school CANNOT have families pick up meals through the Grab & Go line. Those students will all be fed at school. Any student following required quarantine protocols can use the Grab & Go service.
- If students are virtual learners, home schoolers, or any other children within the Manistee community not attending school they are still eligible to participate in the Grab & Go program.
- We will offer pick up of a 5-day breakfast & lunch pack on Mondays between 9am-10am at MMHS in the drop-off lane.
- Grab & Go meals are no longer able to be offered for weekends or holidays. They can only be provided for those days that school is in session.
- Accountability is required, student names will be recorded when families are picking up Grab & Go meals to verify those students are not in attendance at our buildings.
- If a holiday, snow day or school day scheduled to be off occurs on a Monday, the meal pick up will be Tuesday.
We ask that all families complete the free/reduced applications for this school year even though we are feeding all children for free, link below. This will allow for student meal accounting for the program. This information will be used by the Michigan Department of Health & Human Services for future PEBT distributions and to account for student benefits for the 22/23 school year. Student benefits will follow them for the first 30 days of the next school year (22/23), to allow families time to complete another free/reduced application without loss of benefits.
Free & Reduced Lunch Resources
Apply for Free and Reduced Breakfast/Lunch: Free and Reduced Lunch Application Packet for 2021-22
Board Nutrition Policies
Pandemic EBT Information for Virtual Students
Please read the information below to verify if your virtual (on-line student) may be eligible for reconsideration of Pandemic EBT Benefits for the months listed at the bottom of the communications.
To file for reconsideration, families must complete the form below and request a proof document from the student’s school that the student was a virtual learner for the months requested. Families are required to mail or email this documentation to MDHHS by June 30, 2021.
If your student qualifies for reconsideration, please call or email Sue Gustad at MAPS Board Office regarding your proof document.
For more information, please visit Michigan.gov/PEBT or call 1-833-905-0028.
Local Wellness Policy: Triennial Assessment Summary
Food Services Announcements
Meal Magic has made some upgrades to the www.lunchapp.com website and now families will need to visit another site to complete lunch applications and household income information forms. On the new site it will tell families which form to complete depending on what...
MAPS Nutrition Department will be offering a 7 day pack of breakfasts & lunches for families during Spring Break. We will be distributing meals on Monday, March 29th between 9am-10am at MMHS through the student drop off area.
Manistee Area Public Schools announce the sponsorship of the Summer Food Service Program for children. Free meals will be made available to children 18 years of age and under or persons up to age 26 who are enrolled in an educational program for the mentally or...
Your Nutrition Services Team
Nutrition Services Team
Keri Carlson – Food Service Director – email@example.com
Stacy Applegarth – Food Service – firstname.lastname@example.org
Courtney Gibbs – Meals on Wheels – email@example.com
Melissa Gutowski – Food Service – firstname.lastname@example.org
Kendra Mikolajczak – Food Service – email@example.com
Terri Morski – Meals on Wheels – firstname.lastname@example.org
Richard Koon – Satellite Nutrition Delivery Driver – email@example.com
Tiffany Remkes – Food Service – firstname.lastname@example.org
Linda Wandrych – Food Service – email@example.com