Manistee Area Public Schools Faculty & Staff
On the Leading EDGE
Our students are engaged by educators that empower and inspire their students to recognize their potential, dream big, and make a difference in the world around them.
With a strong desire to rise to the needs of each and every student, the MAPS Administrative Team ensures the campus and faculty offer a diverse and expansive learning environment incorporating innovation in all facilities and programming with strong fiscal management.
E – Enrichment– Driving all students toward their full potential
D – Diversity– Providing opportunities meeting the goals of every student
G – Goal-centered– Focusing on individualized ambitions and achievement
E – Endurance– Equipping all learners with physical, emotional and academic skills for success
Central Office & Administration
Location: 550 Maple St, Manistee, MI 49660 | Map
Telephone: (231) 723-3521
Central Office Hours: M-F: 8am – 4:30pm
Superintendent: Ronald Stoneman
Board of Education President: Paul Antal, MD
Central Office Staff
View MMHS Staff
|Name||Title / Grade / Content Area|
|Andy Huber||HS/MS Principalemail@example.com|
|Jason Traviss||HS/MS Assistant Principalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Denise Slonecki||Administrative Assistantemail@example.com|
|Paul Howes||Guidance Counselorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Penny Kiss||Guidance Secretaryemail@example.com|
|Todd Garber||Student Recovery Classroomfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Karen Sundbeck||Student Recovery Classroomemail@example.com|
|Kelsey Rhodes||MCAN College Adviser / Credit Recovery Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Matt Kieffer||Athletic Directoremail@example.com|
|Beth Forbes||Activities Secretaryfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kenneth Blakey-Shell||District Technology Directoremail@example.com|
|Gabe Delgado||Elementary Device Supportfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Matt Froncek||Apple Certified Technicianemail@example.com|
|David Gagstetter||Data & Device Systemsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|MMHS School Instructional Staff|
|Stacey Andrews-Ramsey||Spanish / Social Scienceemail@example.com|
|Gregg Bennett||Social Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dan Burns||Language Artsemail@example.com|
|Troy Bytwork||Social Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Joe Hendges||Social Scienceemail@example.com|
|Kristen Johnson||Special Educationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sam Joseph||Language Artsemail@example.com|
|Connie Josvai||Language Artsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Brooke Koller||Special Educationemail@example.com|
|Andrea Mack||Instrumental Musicfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Morgan Nowicki||Language Artsemail@example.com|
|Wendy Orton||Family & Consumer Science, Special Educationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dan Saylor||Social Scienceemail@example.com|
|Polly Schlaff||Spanish / ELAfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Joel Smith||Social Studiesemail@example.com|
|Hannah Starmann||Language Artsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Michael Tilmann II||PE/Healthemail@example.com|
|Sara Workman||Special Educationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Nicholas Zacek||Language Artsemail@example.com|
|Devin Schweigert||Lt Sub 7th Grade Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ingrid Bond||Band Paraprofessionalemail@example.com|
|Kristen Mezeske||One to One Paraprofessionalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Cindy Sheathelm||One to One Paraprofessionalemail@example.com|
|Sarah Wallett||One to One Paraprofessionalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jennifer Williams||MS Activities Directoremail@example.com|
|MMHS School Custodial|
|Dan Lloyd||Head / Day Custodianfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|James Kropacek||Evening Custodianemail@example.com|
|Mark Thrailkill||Evening Custodianfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Keri Carlson||Nutrition Service Directoremail@example.com|
|Stacy Applegarth||Nutrition Servicefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Melissa Gutkowski||Nutrition Serviceemail@example.com|
|Kendra Mikolajczak||Nutrition Servicefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Melissa Thomas||Nutrition Serviceemail@example.com|
|Ray Summers||Nutrition Servicefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Linda Wandrych||Nutrition Serviceemail@example.com|
|Paine Aquatic Center|
View Kennedy Staff
Principal: Kevin Schmutzler | firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Principal: Kenn Kott | email@example.com
Administrative Assistant: Holly Dahlquist | firstname.lastname@example.org
Specials - PE/Health email@example.com
3rd Grade Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
4th Grade Teacher email@example.com
5th Grade Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Resource Room email@example.com
Title 1 Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Elementary Music email@example.com
4th Grade Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
5th Grade Teacher email@example.com
4th Grade Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
5th Grade Teacher email@example.com
Specials - Instrumental Music firstname.lastname@example.org
Resource Room email@example.com
3rd Grade Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
3rd Grade Teacher email@example.com
5th Grade Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Specials - Art email@example.com
Resource Room firstname.lastname@example.org
3rd Grade Teacher email@example.com
4th Grade Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Johanna Beverly email@example.com
Ingrid Bond firstname.lastname@example.org
Karla Hilliard email@example.com
Tara Lange firstname.lastname@example.org
Krissy Onstott email@example.com
Amy Rankin firstname.lastname@example.org
Beryl Salzman email@example.com
Austin Slawinski firstname.lastname@example.org
Sandra Turk email@example.com
Michele Traviss firstname.lastname@example.org
Carol Hansen email@example.com
Terri Morski firstname.lastname@example.org
Julie Polcyn email@example.com
Clarence Shultz firstname.lastname@example.org
Ray Willim email@example.com
View Jefferson Staff
Julia Raddatz, Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenneth Kott, Assistant Principal email@example.com
Connie Miller, Administrative Assistant camiller@ manistee.org
Sherry Anderson, Long-term Sub Kindergarten firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Abel, First Grade email@example.com
Elizabeth Adams, Kindergarten firstname.lastname@example.org
McAnn Bradford, Second Grade email@example.com
Daniel Brown, Second Grade firstname.lastname@example.org
Linda Coyle, Special Education email@example.com
Andrea Dejong, Second Grade firstname.lastname@example.org
Bill Edmondson, Physical Education email@example.com
Deb Erdman, First Grade firstname.lastname@example.org
Amanda Feyen, Music email@example.com
Debbie Forward, First Grade firstname.lastname@example.org
Staci Johnson, First Grade email@example.com Ruth Simoneau, Literacy Coach firstname.lastname@example.org
Cindy Lundberg, Kindergarten email@example.com
Tracy Shimel, SafeNet firstname.lastname@example.org
Ruth Simoneau, Title I, Literacy Coach email@example.com
Christine Slawinski, Kindergarten firstname.lastname@example.org
Bryan Tomaszewski, Second Grade email@example.com
Allison Veine, Kindergarten firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Wahr, Art email@example.com
Michelle Wilson, First Grade firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Chick email@example.com
Sheila Kaminski firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel Lindeman email@example.com
Randee Oleniczak firstname.lastname@example.org
Connie Rybicki email@example.com
Laura Savela firstname.lastname@example.org
Sara Schultz email@example.com
Jan Wills firstname.lastname@example.org
Anna Wojcik email@example.com
Julie Zajac firstname.lastname@example.org
Ken Guenthardt email@example.com
Tom Madsen firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Olk email@example.com
Guiding Our Philosophy
“Chips lead by providing an inclusive, high-quality, diverse educational environment that inspires and fulfills the goals of all learners at every stage of their journey.”
“Leading a connected Manistee learning community, which supports the educational journey of each individual student, delivering The Chippewa Edge.”
MAPS Leading-Edge Promise
We provide every student with the knowledge and values necessary to become productive and successful citizens of our world. With innovation, dedication, and integrity, we create a learning environment that inspires every student and educator to reach their highest potential.
– Deliver on our promise to help every student learn
– Support a collaborative learning and working environment
– Bring focused and positive energy to everything we do
– Minimize behaviors/actions/decisions that drain our resources
Guiding Principle: We believe all students can learn.
Non-Negotiable: Achievement – We will find the potential in each student and create an environment that supports their learning.
- Every child that enters our school district will receive our attention and dedication to finding the keys to their personal success.
Guiding Principle: All decisions we make are based upon impact to effect learning.
Non-Negotiable: Impact– We will focus all efforts on seeking ways to support and extend learning.
- Our focus is always on student learning.
- We are open-minded, lifelong learners who stay in touch with, share, and use research-based practices.
- We identify and revise practices that do not help students learn.
Guiding Principle: We focus on goals that drive achievement.
Non-Negotiable: Results– We will set measurable goals, identify improvement strategies, and skillfully adapt instruction to meet student needs.
- Assessment results are used to inform us about the effectiveness of curricular and instructional decisions.
- We analyze assessment results hold data-driven discussions and make impactful decisions for improved student achievement.
- We establish attainable goals for specific measurables, in both instructional efforts and individual student progress.
Guiding Principle: We are committed to an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust.
Non-Negotiable: Accountability– We will lead by example and take responsibility for the energy we bring to all that we do.
- We reflect the values of our Mission & Vision in our daily practice. When our actions match our words, we build trust and respect with each other, our students, and our support community.
- We work together to establish an atmosphere of trust and respect, in which we can all feel safe to communicate.
- Our interactions with students and each other are characterized by the tenets of TRACK.
- We allow individuals to feel comfortable discussing their observations or concerns with one another because they know they will not be judged or punished.
- Disagreements are treated with respect and acknowledged as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Each individual is given equal time to express an opinion or share an idea.
Guiding Principle: We believe that all students belong to all of us.
Non-Negotiable: Guidance– We will hold ourselves responsible for supporting the educational experience of all MAPS students throughout our district.
- We accept and act on the belief that all students belong to all adults.
- We are committed to working beyond the boundaries of our classrooms and buildings to serve the needs of every student.
- We work together for the success of all students, there is no blame when things do not go well, but instead we are committed to seeking solutions to problems or setbacks in the interest of each and every student’s achievement.
Guiding Principle: Working together enables us to attain our desired outcomes.
Non-Negotiable: Collaboration-We will reach beyond our classrooms and work with each other to identify and support the strengths of every student.
- We work together to positively impact student achievement and deliver the Leading-Edge Promise.
- We focus on and speak only in solutions.
- Participation in culture building is both a right and a responsibility.
- TRACK guides the development of character and a positive school environment and is primary to our success as individuals and our ability to instill these values in our students and each other.
- Our commitment to communication allows for a productive work environment and therefore student success.
- We put education first, and we know we can deliver on this when we encourage each other to share our best ideas and work collaboratively.
- Ideas which lead to increased student learning are recognized and praised by peers.
Jefferson & Kennedy Staff Handbook
Letter from Board President and Superintendent
- While much more work needs to be done, MAPS is headed in the right direction with positive momentum behind the academic growth, instruction reforms and innovative new school choices.
- The future of growth and success of MAPS must be a top community priority that requires support from all stakeholders (students, parents, taxpayers, businesses, non-profits, foundations, government agencies, etc.).
- As a district, we must do a better job of positively engaging and aligning internal (students, parents, staff and the school board) and external (taxpayers, community organizations, businesses, non-profits, government agencies, elected officials) stakeholders around common goals and strategies to significantly improve academic achievement and high school graduation rates.
Manistee Area Public Schools Employment Postings
Manistee Area Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer.
District Policy: Nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, disability, height, weight or marital status in all activities and employment.