Manistee Area Public Schools Faculty & Staff
On the Leading EDGE
Our students are engaged by educators that empower and inspire their students to recognize their potential, dream big, and make a difference in the world around them.
With a strong desire to rise to the needs of each and every student, the MAPS Administrative Team ensures the campus and faculty offer a diverse and expansive learning environment incorporating innovation in all facilities and programming with strong fiscal management.
Central Office & Administration
Location: 550 Maple St, Manistee, MI 49660 | Map
Telephone: (231) 723-3521
Central Office Hours: M-F: 8am – 4:30pm
Superintendent: Ronald Stoneman
Board of Education President: Paul Antal, MD
Central Office Staff
E – Enrichment– Driving all students toward their full potential
D – Diversity– Providing opportunities meeting the goals of every student
G – Goal-centered– Focusing on individualized ambitions and achievement
E – Endurance– Equipping all learners with physical, emotional and academic skills for success
View MMHS Staff
|Name||Title / Grade / Content Area|
|Andy Huber||HS/MS Principalemail@example.com|
|Jason Traviss||HS/MS Assistant Principalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Denise Slonecki||Administrative Assistantemail@example.com|
|Paul Howes||Guidance Counselorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Penny Kiss||Guidance Secretaryemail@example.com|
|Todd Garber||Student Recovery Classroomfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Karen Sundbeck||Student Recovery Classroomemail@example.com|
|Kelsey Rhodes||MCAN College Adviser / Credit Recovery Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Matt Kieffer||Athletic Directoremail@example.com|
|Beth Forbes||Activities Secretaryfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kenneth Blakey-Shell||District Technology Directoremail@example.com|
|Gabe Delgado||Elementary Device Supportfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Matt Froncek||Apple Certified Technicianemail@example.com|
|David Gagstetter||Data & Device Systemsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|MMHS School Instructional Staff|
|Stacey Andrews-Ramsey||Spanish / Social Scienceemail@example.com|
|Gregg Bennett||Social Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dan Burns||Language Artsemail@example.com|
|Troy Bytwork||Social Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Joe Hendges||Social Scienceemail@example.com|
|Kristen Johnson||Special Educationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sam Joseph||Language Artsemail@example.com|
|Connie Josvai||Language Artsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Brooke Koller||Special Educationemail@example.com|
|Andrea Mack||Instrumental Musicfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Morgan Nowicki||Language Artsemail@example.com|
|Wendy Orton||Family & Consumer Science, Special Educationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dan Saylor||Social Scienceemail@example.com|
|Polly Schlaff||Spanish / ELAfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Joel Smith||Social Studiesemail@example.com|
|Hannah Starmann||Language Artsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Michael Tilmann II||PE/Healthemail@example.com|
|Sara Workman||Special Educationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Devin Schweigert||Lt Sub 7th Grade Scienceemail@example.com|
|Ingrid Bond||Band Paraprofessionalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kristen Mezeske||One to One Paraprofessionalemail@example.com|
|Cindy Sheathelm||One to One Paraprofessionalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sarah Wallett||One to One Paraprofessionalemail@example.com|
|Jennifer Williams||MS Activities Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|MMHS School Custodial|
|Dan Lloyd||Head / Day Custodianemail@example.com|
|James Kropacek||Evening Custodianfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mark Thrailkill||Evening Custodianemail@example.com|
|Keri Carlson||Nutrition Service Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Stacy Applegarth||Nutrition Serviceemail@example.com|
|Melissa Gutowski||Nutrition Servicefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kendra Mikolajczak||Nutrition Serviceemail@example.com|
|Melissa Thomas||Nutrition Servicefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ray Summers||Nutrition Serviceemail@example.com|
|Linda Wandrych||Nutrition Servicefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Paine Aquatic Center|
View Kennedy Staff
Principal: Kevin Schmutzler | email@example.com
Assistant Principal: Kenn Kott | firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Assistant: Holly Dahlquist | email@example.com
Specials - PE/Health firstname.lastname@example.org
3rd Grade Teacher email@example.com
4th Grade Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
5th Grade Teacher email@example.com
Resource Room firstname.lastname@example.org
Title 1 Teacher email@example.com
Elementary Music firstname.lastname@example.org
4th Grade Teacher email@example.com
5th Grade Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
4th Grade Teacher email@example.com
5th Grade Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Specials - Instrumental Music email@example.com
Resource Room firstname.lastname@example.org
3rd Grade Teacher email@example.com
3rd Grade Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
5th Grade Teacher email@example.com
Specials - Art firstname.lastname@example.org
Resource Room email@example.com
3rd Grade Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
4th Grade Teacher email@example.com
Johanna Beverly firstname.lastname@example.org
Ingrid Bond email@example.com
Karla Lidtke firstname.lastname@example.org
Tara Lange email@example.com
Krissy Onstott firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Rankin email@example.com
Beryl Salzman firstname.lastname@example.org
Austin Slawinski email@example.com
Sandra Turk firstname.lastname@example.org
Michele Traviss email@example.com
Carol Hansen firstname.lastname@example.org
Terri Morski email@example.com
Julie Polcyn firstname.lastname@example.org
Clarence Schultz email@example.com
Don Froncek firstname.lastname@example.org
View Jefferson Staff
Julia Raddatz, Principal email@example.com
Kenneth Kott, Assistant Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
Connie Miller, Administrative Assistant camiller@ manistee.org
Jennifer Abel, First Grade email@example.com
Elizabeth Adams, Kindergarten firstname.lastname@example.org
McAnn Bradford, Second Grade email@example.com
Daniel Brown, Second Grade firstname.lastname@example.org
Linda Coyle, Special Education email@example.com
Andrea Dejong, Second Grade firstname.lastname@example.org
Bill Edmondson, Physical Education email@example.com
Deb Erdman, First Grade firstname.lastname@example.org
Amanda Feyen, Music email@example.com
Debbie Forward, First Grade firstname.lastname@example.org
Staci Johnson, First Grade email@example.com
Cindy Lundberg, Kindergarten firstname.lastname@example.org
Tracy Shimel, SafeNet email@example.com
Ruth Simoneau, Title I, Literacy Coach firstname.lastname@example.org
Christine Slawinski, Kindergarten email@example.com
Bryan Tomaszewski, Second Grade firstname.lastname@example.org
Allison Veine, Kindergarten email@example.com
Mary Wahr, Art firstname.lastname@example.org
Michelle Wilson, First Grade email@example.com
Mary Chick firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheila Kaminski email@example.com
Rachel Lindeman firstname.lastname@example.org
Randee Oleniczak email@example.com
Connie Rybicki firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Savela email@example.com
Sara Schultz firstname.lastname@example.org
Jan Wills email@example.com
Anna Wojcik firstname.lastname@example.org
Julie Zajac email@example.com
Ken Guenthardt firstname.lastname@example.org
Tom Madsen email@example.com
Laura Olk firstname.lastname@example.org
View Madison Staff
Guiding Our Philosophy
“Chips lead by providing an inclusive, high-quality, diverse educational environment that inspires and fulfills the goals of all learners at every stage of their journey.”
“Leading a connected Manistee learning community, which supports the educational journey of each individual student, delivering The Chippewa Edge.”
MAPS Leading-Edge Promise
We provide every student with the knowledge and values necessary to become productive and successful citizens of our world. With innovation, dedication, and integrity, we create a learning environment that inspires every student and educator to reach their highest potential.
– Deliver on our promise to help every student learn
– Support a collaborative learning and working environment
– Bring focused and positive energy to everything we do
– Minimize behaviors/actions/decisions that drain our resources
Guiding Principle: We believe all students can learn.
Non-Negotiable: Achievement – We will find the potential in each student and create an environment that supports their learning.
- Every child that enters our school district will receive our attention and dedication to finding the keys to their personal success.
Guiding Principle: All decisions we make are based upon impact to effect learning.
Non-Negotiable: Impact– We will focus all efforts on seeking ways to support and extend learning.
- Our focus is always on student learning.
- We are open-minded, lifelong learners who stay in touch with, share, and use research-based practices.
- We identify and revise practices that do not help students learn.
Guiding Principle: We focus on goals that drive achievement.
Non-Negotiable: Results– We will set measurable goals, identify improvement strategies, and skillfully adapt instruction to meet student needs.
- Assessment results are used to inform us about the effectiveness of curricular and instructional decisions.
- We analyze assessment results hold data-driven discussions and make impactful decisions for improved student achievement.
- We establish attainable goals for specific measurables, in both instructional efforts and individual student progress.
Guiding Principle: We are committed to an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust.
Non-Negotiable: Accountability– We will lead by example and take responsibility for the energy we bring to all that we do.
- We reflect the values of our Mission & Vision in our daily practice. When our actions match our words, we build trust and respect with each other, our students, and our support community.
- We work together to establish an atmosphere of trust and respect, in which we can all feel safe to communicate.
- Our interactions with students and each other are characterized by the tenets of TRACK.
- We allow individuals to feel comfortable discussing their observations or concerns with one another because they know they will not be judged or punished.
- Disagreements are treated with respect and acknowledged as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Each individual is given equal time to express an opinion or share an idea.
Guiding Principle: We believe that all students belong to all of us.
Non-Negotiable: Guidance– We will hold ourselves responsible for supporting the educational experience of all MAPS students throughout our district.
- We accept and act on the belief that all students belong to all adults.
- We are committed to working beyond the boundaries of our classrooms and buildings to serve the needs of every student.
- We work together for the success of all students, there is no blame when things do not go well, but instead we are committed to seeking solutions to problems or setbacks in the interest of each and every student’s achievement.
Guiding Principle: Working together enables us to attain our desired outcomes.
Non-Negotiable: Collaboration-We will reach beyond our classrooms and work with each other to identify and support the strengths of every student.
- We work together to positively impact student achievement and deliver the Leading-Edge Promise.
- We focus on and speak only in solutions.
- Participation in culture building is both a right and a responsibility.
- TRACK guides the development of character and a positive school environment and is primary to our success as individuals and our ability to instill these values in our students and each other.
- Our commitment to communication allows for a productive work environment and therefore student success.
- We put education first, and we know we can deliver on this when we encourage each other to share our best ideas and work collaboratively.
- Ideas which lead to increased student learning are recognized and praised by peers.
Letter from Board President and Superintendent
- While much more work needs to be done, MAPS is headed in the right direction with positive momentum behind the academic growth, instruction reforms and innovative new school choices.
- The future of growth and success of MAPS must be a top community priority that requires support from all stakeholders (students, parents, taxpayers, businesses, non-profits, foundations, government agencies, etc.).
- As a district, we must do a better job of positively engaging and aligning internal (students, parents, staff and the school board) and external (taxpayers, community organizations, businesses, non-profits, government agencies, elected officials) stakeholders around common goals and strategies to significantly improve academic achievement and high school graduation rates.
Manistee Area Public Schools Employment Postings
Manistee Area Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer.
District Policy: Nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, disability, height, weight or marital status in all activities and employment.
Notice of Available Positions
- One (1) Full-Time Custodian - Jefferson Elementary School
- One (1) Middle School Cross Country Coach
- One (1) Full-Time Title I Elementary Math Coach & Teacher
- One (1) Full-Time 7th Grade Social Studies Teacher - 2019-20 School Year
- GSRP Associate Teacher - 4 Year Old Program
- Teaching Position - Homebound: 2 hours per week teaching position
- One (1) Full-time Science teacher - 7th Grade