Manistee Area Public Schools Faculty & Staff
On the Leading EDGE
Our educators empower and inspire our students to recognize their potential, dream big, and make a difference in the world around them.
With a strong desire to rise to the needs of each and every student, the MAPS Administrative Team ensures the campus and faculty offer a diverse and expansive learning environment incorporating innovation in all facilities and programming with strong fiscal management.
Central Office & Administration
Location: 550 Maple St, Manistee, MI 49660 | Map
Telephone: (231) 723-3521
Fax: (231) 723-1507
Central Office Hours: M-F: 8am – 4:30pm
Superintendent: Ronald Stoneman
Board of Education President: Jim A. Thompson
Central Office Staff
Superintendent - email@example.com
Business Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
Curriculum Director - email@example.com
Assistant Business Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
Payroll/Human Resources/Insurance/Lunch - email@example.com
Administrative Assistant - firstname.lastname@example.org
E – Enrichment– Driving all students toward their full potential
D – Diversity– Providing opportunities to meet the goals of every student
G – Goal-centered– Focusing on individualized ambitions and achievement
E – Endurance– Equipping all learners with physical, emotional and academic skills for success
View MMHS Staff
|Name||Title / Grade / Content Area|
|Andy Huber||HS/MS Principalemail@example.com|
|Morgan Nowicki||Assistant Principalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tom Sheppard||Dean of Studentsemail@example.com|
|Karen Beldo||Administrative Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kasandra Johnson||Administrative Assistantemail@example.com|
|Paul Howes||Guidance Counselorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tara Lange||Guidance Administrative Assistant / Registraremail@example.com|
|Kenn Kott||Athletic Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Beth Forbes||Activities Secretary/Assistant Athletic Directoremail@example.com|
|Kendra Mikolajczak||Activities Secretary/Assistant Athletic Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kenneth Blakey-Shell||District Technology Directoremail@example.com|
|Gabe Delgado||Elementary Device Supportfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Matt Froncek||Apple Certified Technicianemail@example.com|
|David Gagstetter||Data & Device Systemsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|MMHS School Instructional Staff|
|Gregg Bennett||Social Scienceemail@example.com|
|Dan Burns||Language Artsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Troy Bytwork||Social Scienceemail@example.com|
|Jane Deising||Special Educationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rachel Edmondson||Language Artsemail@example.com|
|Cindy Erdman||Special Educationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Joe Hendges||Social Scienceemail@example.com|
|Kristen Johnson||Special Educationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sam Joseph||Language Artsemail@example.com|
|Brooke Koller||Special Educationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Andrea Mack||Instrumental Musicemail@example.com|
|Cheryl O'Connor||Social Studiesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tobia Purple||Special Educationemail@example.com|
|Dan Saylor||Social Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Polly Schlaff||Language Artsemail@example.com|
|Joel Smith||Social Studiesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Hannah Starmann||Language Artsemail@example.com|
|Michael Tilmann II||PE/Healthfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ingrid Bond||Band Paraprofessionalemail@example.com|
|Carrie Cameron||One to One Paraprofessionalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Courtney Cole||One to One Paraprofessionalemail@example.com|
|Todd Garber||One to One Paraprofessionalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kristen Mezeske||One to One Paraprofessionalemail@example.com|
|Nichole Schroeder||One to One Paraprofessionalfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Robert Von Herbruck||One to One Paraprofessionalemail@example.com|
|Jennifer Williams||MS Activities Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|MMHS School Custodial|
|Keri Carlson||Nutrition Service Directoremail@example.com|
|Stacy Applegarth||Nutrition Servicefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jessica Brown||Nutrition Service|
|Richard Koon||Nutrition Service (Driver)||email@example.com|
|Bonnie Kruse||Nutrition Servicefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Terri Morski||Nutrition Service (Meals on Wheels)||email@example.com|
|Jennifer Rogers||Nutrition Service (Senior Meals Program)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Linda Wandrych||Nutrition Serviceemail@example.com|
|Paine Aquatic Center|
View Kennedy Staff
Principal: Joanie Wiersma | firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Assistant: Carly Cheever | email@example.com
5th Grade Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Specials - PE/Health email@example.com
3rd Grade Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Math Coach email@example.com
5th Grade Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Elementary Music email@example.com
Title I Reading/Literacy Coach firstname.lastname@example.org
5th Grade Teacher email@example.com
5th Grade Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Specials - Instrumental Music email@example.com
4th Grade firstname.lastname@example.org
5th Grade Teacher email@example.com
3rd Grade Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Resource Room email@example.com
4th Grade Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Specials - Elementary Art email@example.com
Elementary Art firstname.lastname@example.org
3rd Grade Teacher email@example.com
3rd Grade Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Elementary Coding email@example.com
4th Grade Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Ingrid Bond email@example.com
Jackleen Bartell firstname.lastname@example.org
Nicole Bruce email@example.com
Heidi Carter firstname.lastname@example.org
Karla Cole email@example.com
Macie Goodspeed firstname.lastname@example.org
Jill Johnson email@example.com
Natalie Knickerbocker firstname.lastname@example.org
Philip Kroll email@example.com
Maggie Madsen firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacee O'Dell email@example.com
Clay Slawinski firstname.lastname@example.org
Morgan Smith email@example.com
Carol Hansen firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Olk email@example.com
Don Froncek firstname.lastname@example.org
Susan Steinberg email@example.com
View Jefferson Staff
Julia Raddatz, Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
Connie Miller, Administrative Assistant email@example.com
Elizabeth Adams, Kindergarten firstname.lastname@example.org
Wendy Adamski, Elementary PE/Health email@example.com
Krista Bennett, Math Coach firstname.lastname@example.org
McAnn Bradford, Second Grade email@example.com
Linda Coyle, Special Education firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrea Dejong, Second Grade email@example.com
Isabella Doolittle, Second Grade firstname.lastname@example.org
Amanda Feyen, Elementary Music email@example.com
Debbie Forward, First Grade firstname.lastname@example.org
Chasity Gouker, Title I Reading/Literacy Coach email@example.com
Staci Johnson, First Grade firstname.lastname@example.org
Cindy Lundberg, Kindergarten email@example.com
Michael Rosteck, Elementary Art firstname.lastname@example.org
Tracy Shimel, SafeNet email@example.com
Christine Slawinski, Kindergarten firstname.lastname@example.org
Bryan Tomaszewski, Second Grade email@example.com
Emily Tomaszewski, First Grade firstname.lastname@example.org
Allison Veine, Kindergarten email@example.com
Michelle Wilson, First Grade firstname.lastname@example.org
Sam Zeller, Elementary Coding email@example.com
Bay Anderson firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly Dawson email@example.com
Hilary Edwards firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashley Johnson email@example.com
Michelle Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org
Katy Lacki email@example.com
Rachel Lindeman firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Miller email@example.com
Joanie Pointer firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristie Schlafley email@example.com
Misty Weber firstname.lastname@example.org
Max Braun email@example.com
Bill Cole firstname.lastname@example.org
Melissa Gutowski email@example.com
View Madison Staff
Little Chips Instructional Staff - 231-398-3758
Sandy Ludwig - Pre-School Teacher & After School Program - firstname.lastname@example.org
Amber Hiipakka - Pre-School Teacher Assistant email@example.com
Julie Zajac - Daycare Lead firstname.lastname@example.org
Brittan Manke - Daycare email@example.com
MAPS Great Start Readiness Program Staff - 231-398-3757
Amy Brown, Lead Teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
Renee Turmel, Lead Teacher email@example.com
Brenda Struble, GSRP Teacher Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
Nancy Zatarga, GSRP email@example.com
View Transportation Staff
View MAPS Child & Adolescent Health Center Staff
Guiding Our Philosophy
“Chips lead by providing an inclusive, high-quality, diverse educational environment that inspires and fulfills the goals of all learners at every stage of their journey.”
“Leading a connected Manistee learning community, which supports the educational journey of each individual student, delivering The Chippewa Edge.”
MAPS Leading-Edge Promise
We provide every student with the knowledge and values necessary to become productive and successful citizens of our world. With innovation, dedication, and integrity, we create a learning environment that inspires every student and educator to reach their highest potential.
– Deliver on our promise to help every student learn
– Support a collaborative learning and working environment
– Bring focused and positive energy to everything we do
– Minimize behaviors/actions/decisions that drain our resources
Guiding Principle: We believe all students can learn.
Non-Negotiable: Achievement – We will find the potential in each student and create an environment that supports their learning.
- Every child that enters our school district will receive our attention and dedication to finding the keys to their personal success.
Guiding Principle: All decisions we make are based upon impact to effect learning.
Non-Negotiable: Impact– We will focus all efforts on seeking ways to support and extend learning.
- Our focus is always on student learning.
- We are open-minded, lifelong learners who stay in touch with, share, and use research-based practices.
- We identify and revise practices that do not help students learn.
Guiding Principle: We focus on goals that drive achievement.
Non-Negotiable: Results– We will set measurable goals, identify improvement strategies, and skillfully adapt instruction to meet student needs.
- Assessment results are used to inform us about the effectiveness of curricular and instructional decisions.
- We analyze assessment results hold data-driven discussions and make impactful decisions for improved student achievement.
- We establish attainable goals for specific measurables, in both instructional efforts and individual student progress.
Guiding Principle: We are committed to an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust.
Non-Negotiable: Accountability– We will lead by example and take responsibility for the energy we bring to all that we do.
- We reflect the values of our Mission & Vision in our daily practice. When our actions match our words, we build trust and respect with each other, our students, and our support community.
- We work together to establish an atmosphere of trust and respect, in which we can all feel safe to communicate.
- Our interactions with students and each other are characterized by the tenets of TRACK.
- We allow individuals to feel comfortable discussing their observations or concerns with one another because they know they will not be judged or punished.
- Disagreements are treated with respect and acknowledged as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Each individual is given equal time to express an opinion or share an idea.
Guiding Principle: We believe that all students belong to all of us.
Non-Negotiable: Guidance– We will hold ourselves responsible for supporting the educational experience of all MAPS students throughout our district.
- We accept and act on the belief that all students belong to all adults.
- We are committed to working beyond the boundaries of our classrooms and buildings to serve the needs of every student.
- We work together for the success of all students, there is no blame when things do not go well, but instead we are committed to seeking solutions to problems or setbacks in the interest of each and every student’s achievement.
Guiding Principle: Working together enables us to attain our desired outcomes.
Non-Negotiable: Collaboration-We will reach beyond our classrooms and work with each other to identify and support the strengths of every student.
- We work together to positively impact student achievement and deliver the Leading-Edge Promise.
- We focus on and speak only in solutions.
- Participation in culture building is both a right and a responsibility.
- TRACK guides the development of character and a positive school environment and is primary to our success as individuals and our ability to instill these values in our students and each other.
- Our commitment to communication allows for a productive work environment and therefore student success.
- We put education first, and we know we can deliver on this when we encourage each other to share our best ideas and work collaboratively.
- Ideas which lead to increased student learning are recognized and praised by peers.
In 2019, the MAPS Behavioral Health Services program was developed through grant funding and in partnership with the Manistee Intermediate School District, CentraWellness, and Northwest Michigan Health Services to address the behavioral health needs of our MAPS students. The early successes of this program led to consideration of expanding upon the health services provided to our students.
In 2021, the MAPS Child & Adolescent Health Center opened onsite at MMHS to offer comprehensive primary care and behavioral health services for MAPS students ages 5 to 21 years. It is open year-round and is comprised of an integrated team of practitioners to address medical and mental health needs.
When the basic health care needs of our students are met, they are better able to perform in school. Offering accessible care for both preventative and acute care within our district, we intend to provide our students with a holistic approach for overall wellbeing.
Letter from Board President and Superintendent
- While much more work needs to be done, MAPS is headed in the right direction with positive momentum behind the academic growth, instruction reforms and innovative new school choices.
- The future of growth and success of MAPS must be a top community priority that requires support from all stakeholders (students, parents, taxpayers, businesses, non-profits, foundations, government agencies, etc.).
- As a district, we must do a better job of positively engaging and aligning internal (students, parents, staff and the school board) and external (taxpayers, community organizations, businesses, non-profits, government agencies, elected officials) stakeholders around common goals and strategies to significantly improve academic achievement and high school graduation rates.
Manistee Area Public Schools Employment Postings
Manistee Area Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer.
District Policy: Nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, disability, height, weight or marital status in all activities and employment.
Notice of Available Positions
- Bus Driver Route #5
- Teacher for Homebound Student(s)
- Part Time Bookkeeper Secretary
- Dance Team Coach
- JV Boys Basketball Coach
- ELA Teacher Middle School
- Varsity Girls Swim Coach
- Varsity Boys Swim Coach
- JV Girls Basketball Coach
- ESL Teacher
- Bus Drivers Full Time And Substitutes
- Special Education Teacher